I wonder if after decades of marriage you eventually run out of things to talk about? Do your conversations centre around your daily tasks and that's it? What stories can you tell each other that you haven't already heard? Maybe, as you age, it becomes like watching your favourite movies again...you just recite the same stories to each other. And then, of course, you can go over all the stories you've shared. Of course, by then, you just might not remember them and everything is new.
James and I had the most ridiculous and inane conversation the other day. It went like this:
Me: (and I can't remember why this even came up): Avalon was my junior high.
James: I know. I went to Bob Edwards.
Me: I know that too. We were the Avalon Knights.
James: We were the Bob Edwards Bullies (or whatever - I can't remember - see, we can have this conversation again as we get older!)
Me: And then, of course, I became a Harry Ainlay TITAN!
James: I was a Longhorn. They're better. My longhorn could beat your Titan.
Me: (disdainfully): Whatever. Longhorn vs. TITAN! Please. When you watch the new Clash of the Titans movie, I want you to think about how well your cow would stand up in that battle.
And what's even funnier is that although I did go to Harry Ainlay and loved it - I was a Titan only in fan support. The level of my athleticism is such that I couldn't even make the badminton team.
Summer in Maine 2026
4 days ago


2 comments:
I had to call myself out the other day because I spent 5 minutes going on about what roads were bad and what roads were good. "This road is in bad shape. There are a lot of pot holes and twists and turns... but that road was good, very smooth with clear lines, not to mention well lit... etc...." Scott stared ahead and said nothing. By the time I realized how awful the conversation was all I could say was, "Wow, I'm really interesting, huh?" He laughed. Today I told him how much I love old people and how much old people love me. He said he already knew that and thought it was weird.
So yeah, I think we've officially run out of stuff to talk about. Maybe I should have another baby.
That conversation is hilarious...and one we've never had before. I can't wait until Stu gets home from class so we can compare JH and HS mascots!
Bytheway, I can't image that you would EVER run out of things to talk about. James doesn't have to worry about that one...or maybe that's precisely what concerns him! Haha!
Post a Comment