My Kids

My Kids

Saturday, August 20, 2011

And So It Begins....



Our house reno that is.

Here's what our main floor looks like right now.  Over the next few weeks they'll be working on framing and finishing our ceilings...we are vaulting them to get more height on this floor.

What else are we doing?  I'm glad you asked!!  Here's a list:

-new windows everywhere
-new furnaces/hot water heaters
-complete overhaul of our main bathroom
-extending the main floor by 10 feet, which means a brand new kitchen
-new hardwood on the main floor
-extending the other side of the house by 6 feet (we live in a split level house), which means a new laundry/mud room/back entrance, larger family room, larger master bedroom and bathroom
-new stucco and stone exterior

That's about it in a nutshell.  James and I have had fun so far picking out all of our finishes.  Paint colour and light fixtures are about the only things left to choose.

But first, we have to live in limbo for awhile...until the kitchen demo/rebuild and then we'll have to relocate for a bit.  Anyone have a free basement??


3 comments:

Barb said...

I had no idea the reno was this BIG! The RS should be bringing you meals!

Stacey said...

whoa! so exciting! and yes, you are welcome in our basement:)

LOCKHARTS said...

I'm so excited for you Janine! Your house is going to look amazing. I'm really glad you decided to go with the vaulted ceiling. You won't regret it! My dad said there was wood chips in your roof...crazy! Let me know where you relocate too!