So yesterday I decided to go for a bike ride instead of a run. So I took Alex's bike out of the garage to go for a spin, but first, since she's like 4 inches taller than me, I had to lower the seat.
Having done that...off I went. Straight down the steep hill into Fish Creek Park and the miles of paved pathways (yup...no crazy trail riding for me). This was my first real serious bike in a long, long time. And I'm not ashamed to admit it...I was a little nervous and shaky in the beginning. Ex-specially going down the hill really fast - and that's when I realized that Alex's brakes need some work.
After going down the hill, and reaching the park, I was still a bit unsure. This seemed odd to me because I have spent HOURS and HOURS on my bike up until the time I had kids. I know I'm a HUGE scaredy cat (that's an understatement...quit laughing siblings), but still...riding on flat ground shouldn't real so weird. That's when I decided to lower the seat even a bit more, and do you know what?? It IS just like, well, riding a bike. It came right back and I rode on and on (to the bathroom) and then turned around and came back. And even though the way home was more uphill than down, I still enjoyed it. At this point I was even thinking that I might do this again.
But re-read the second sentence of paragraph 2...I walked up this hill. Still, at this point I figured I'd do it again, but I'd start at the parking lot at the bottom of the hill.
However, this morning I sat on my hard bench to fold some laundry....and my butt said "I will never ride a bike again!!"
Summer in Maine 2026
4 days ago


1 comment:
Did you ever see the SNL commercial Ooops I crapped my pants? I think you might want to get yourself one of those for padding and then you can ride all the way to my house and back without any protests from your butt.
Post a Comment