My Kids

My Kids

Sunday, August 21, 2011

WHY??

Why renovate and not just move?? 

Or...

To move or not to move, that is the question. 

We've debated both for years, and here's what swayed us to renovate instead of move:

1.  We love our neighbourhood.  The junior and senior high schools are within walking distance.  So all those early morning/afterschool band/drama/sporting events are not a problem...the kids just walk and I'm not driving to and from, to and from, to and from...

2.  We love our neighbourhood.  I walk to the library, the grocery store, the mall, and Fish Creek Park. 

3.  We love our location in our neighbourhood.  We have no neighbours in front of us.  We have a park and playground behind us. 

Okay, you might be wondering, why not just look for a bigger house in my neighbourhood.  Good idea...but to get one, I'd have to spend a lot more than I will on this reno, and it would still need some upgrading/changing.  This way, I'm spending less and I get exactly what I want. 

So, just in case you were wondering...

2 comments:

b.liz said...

I was wondering actually so thanks for clearing that up. Your "new" house is going to be incredible after all this pain. I'm so excited for you!!

Renee said...

Who wants to pay all those realtor fees? I would love to see pictures of your reno! A great neighborhood is so worth it.