I'd have to say though, he really took this birthday well. Maybe because he realized that turning 40 just means that he's been lucky enough now to have known me for 18 years. Lucky, lucky guy.
Seriously, I would like to say a few words about what a great guy James is. He works very hard, and is very good at running his businesses. I constantly see all the background things he does to keep his clinics going smoothly, that sometimes I forget about the eye doctor side. Last week I was in the exam room when he was checking Alex, and I was amazed again at the knowledge he has. But that's just business, on a personal note, James is one of the most understanding, forgiving, and patient people I know. Plus, living with me for 15 years has helped him hone those talents. He is also quick to admit his mistakes (what, he makes mistakes?? Really, his only mistakes are when he forgets that I'm always right). He is very spiritual and over the past few years I've seen him strengthen his relationship with the Lord and change his behaviour to better reflect his testimony. He is a great example to me and I love him a lot.
Plus, he scratches my back whenever he watches sports. What more could anyone ask for?


3 comments:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, JAMES!
Wow Janine, you look so young for 28.
Happy birthday James! We hope you had a relaxing day full of pampering and sweet treats
Wow - 40 and no gray hairs!
Post a Comment