Plus, while we were there, I thought about my friend Linsey. Linsey and I were neighbours in Houston...we had our first babies about 6 months apart. I haven't seen her since we left Texas in 1998!! But I thought she was living in the Seattle area, so I looked her up and found that she was only about 20 minutes from my aunt's house. So we spent a morning visiting with her and her kids.
You know, its great to find friends that you haven't seen in a long time, and it's even greater to find out that it doesn't matter how much time has passed, you still get along great. It was like I was just dropping in for a daily visit - not a once-in-ten-year visit!!
Here's our pics:
Swimming at Auntie's and Sam and Olivia at Snoqualmie Falls






At the locks:



Linsey and her family, and Sam, Olivia and Will with Auntie and Uncle



Finally, in the van on the way home



4 comments:
She still looks just the same!! OK, her hair is a little longer now. Someday, when we have a ridiculous amount of money and no other obligations, we should have a Houston reunion and get everyone together. What do you think?
I didn't realize you guys were so close to Seattle. How fun! Really good friends always stay the same, it's never awkward... I'm saying that partly because I haven't seen you in so long and partly because it's true!
ps. Love your haircut.
Did you eat at the Snolqualmie Falls' restaurant. A brunch to remember for a long time! I love that whole area. And your pictures look great Janine - your hair and skin look amazing! Nice to catch up with old friends isn't it?
The next time you decide to visit your aunt and uncle in Gig Harbor let me know as we now live in WA and will for at least 2 more years. My husband is stationed at Fort Lewis. It would be great to see you and James again. Carla Stonehocker lives in near Seattle too. We could have a mini University Ward reunion.
Post a Comment