We only have 1 more day until school starts. Sigh. I am not ready at all for school to start, and the scheduling to begin. I've really enjoyed having all the kids at home this year.
Here's a list of things that I didn't get around to doing this summer:
1. Take the kids on a walk through Fish Creek to get ice cream at Annie's
2. Go to Midnapore Lake or Sylvan Lake with friends...darn that rain!!
3. Work on a 1000 piece puzzle
4. Have the kids learn to cook dinner (see below for the exception)
5. Potty train Will
6. Wake up skinny...This isn't season specific...I wait for this "miracle" all year long
Here's some things I/we did do:
1. Hike in K-country with the family
2. Swim at the wave pool
3. Taught Coleman how to make a dinner that he loves
4. Read the Doctrine and Covenants (well...I will be finished by the time seminary starts)
5. Ditto for the Joseph Smith and the Restoration book by Ivan Barrett
6. Read Mockinjay -- you can email me and discuss, if you want
7. Spent time in Edmonton
8. Cleaned out a box of my junk from my dad's house
9. Visited my aunt in Seattle
10. Slept in
11. Kept up (or actually increased) my work out schedule
12. Tried some new recipes (Thanks to Guy F. and his Big Bite and Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives)
13. Kept most of my flowers alive
14. Ate almost all the lettuce from our garden
15. Made peach and blueberry freezer jam
And on that note...I think I'll go have some toast!
Summer in Maine 2026
4 days ago


4 comments:
Another thing you didn't get to do this summer:
- take Beth and Stu on an all-expenses-paid trip to Hawaii.
Oh well, there's always next year.
I hope your children understand what a great thing it is to have a mother that loves and enjoys having them around. You're a good example to me. And I keep hoping I will wake up and be wrinkle free. My skin has taken on the sags!
Hey, how about visiting your very nice Korean friend in Nashville?
I hope those kids appreciate you! It is obvious that you love your role as the premier domestic engineer (and do it well!).
Post a Comment