My Kids

My Kids

Thursday, August 19, 2010

What season is it?

And actually, living here in Calgary, that's a good question, because I can't always tell the season by the weather. Yesterday was definitely summer, but the day before felt like late fall, and today...maybe spring.

Anyway, that's just a digression, the real story is that the other day at Costco I saw Hallowe'en stuff for sale.

...sigh...

I'm not ready for summer to be over yet. Usually I start getting antsy about now. I long for a return to a more scheduled life and a cleaner house.

This year, though, I feel like I could live this life for ever. I'm loving staying up late, sleeping in a bit, having lots of time to work out and read scriptures before most of the kids get up. It's been a dreamy summer, but it feels all too short.

And it's also been a different summer...Alex and Coleman were gone for 2 weeks to Texas, then another week for camp (C-dog) or babysitting (Alex - La La), and then another week for volunteering. It's been very interesting without them, and a foreshadowing of what life will become in a few more years as they get older.

3 comments:

Maja said...

I am sad that I didn't see you yet this summer... And YES, that was the reason! But starting to feel better which means a trip to C-town soon!

Barb said...

It's also nice to have quiet time in the morning to read blogs . . .
Oh, and what was the week long service project thing?

Amy said...

I agree on the weird of not having everyone there and the future forshadowing. When do your kids go back? And those cupcakes....look delish!!!