Let me tell you about yesterday. The day started great...we were all up together and read scriptures and said prayers. After the kids left I put in a load of laundry, cleaned up breakfast, and even read my scriptures! What a great start, I thought, I'm going to get so much accomplished today. By 10am I was waiting for my visiting teachers to arrive. I had already planned a week of meals and made a grocery list, and I was in my work-out clothes - I planned on heading to the gym as soon as my visit was over.
Well...
About halfway through the visit, the phone rang...Sam had fallen on the playground at school and split open his chin. Quickly I grabbed the little kids (who were already dressed thanks to my busy morning), and drove up to the school. The four of us then spent another 2 hours or so at the health clinic waiting for Sam to get 5 stitches across the bottom of his chin. He was a trooper...his eyes watered a bit at the propect of needing stitches, but there were no tears after that. He was pretty shaken up about the whole thing. When I arrived at the school he was really pale and shaky, but the long wait at the clinic gave him time to calm down from the initial shock of hurting himself and prepare for the stitches.
So, in short, I was a good mom, but didn't get a thing done on my list! In honour of "accomplishing no set task day", we also spent some time at the playground - and I'm glad we did because its been snowing again all day.
Speaking of snow...remember that post about making it through winter...just kidding! It's still here! If you live in Alberta...read the weather forecast, and weep.
Finally - lets talk about filling our cars with gas. Last night while gassing up (and no - I'm not talking about feeding beans to James - that's a whole other topic)...I opted to use my credit card and pay at the pump, like I've done a million times. Well, this time it stopped filling my tank before it was full - because I MAXED OUT THE LIMIT!!! Yup, I put in $100 of gas and could have still squeezed in a few more drops. Granted, I have a 90 litre tank - the most I've ever put in is 88 litres, and last night I was at 84 1/2 litres - but still....that sucks!
But it won't stop me from driving places...
Three Silver Pheasant Hens Join My Flock
9 hours ago


3 comments:
Oh my, I hope Sam's ok. It must be a week for accidents!
I'm loving our weather right now, but talk to me in about 2 months when we're roasting! We go up to Holland,MI every summer and it's great to get a break from the heat.
Mmmmm, full fat yogurt.
Poor little Sam. I hope he doesn't have a big scar...both of my boys have scars on their faces from crazy accidents. At least he was at school when it happened so the doctors don't question you about being abusive. I had to explain over and over, "Nope, I don't beat my kids. We're just a super clumsy family (including me)." Humiliating!
Am I the worst Aunt ever - I'm just reading this now, more than a month later. Sorry to hear about the accident. I had a friend who once told me, as we were coming back from under the chin stitches, that boys should just come with a zipper there, since they all seem to need stitches at least once under their chins! Tell Sam from me that he sounds pretty brave!
Post a Comment