Olivia and I were putting on our boots to go out today - side note for those who don't live here: we got about 23 cm. of snow today...oh, and its still snowing. Anyway...back to the boots. Olivia was putting on her "pompom" boots, thus named because of the pompoms on the end of the laces. I was putting on my similar looking boots but without pompoms. Here's our conversation:
Olivia: Who is it again who has pompom boots? (Family names often escape her memory)
Me: It's Auntie Beth (yes, I remember people's footwear)
Olivia: Oh, that's right because she's a girlish mom.
Me: What am I?
Olivia: Auntie Beth is the girlish mom, so you're the boyish mom.
So, there you have it. My mom ranking in the extended family - ie. not so high in the mind of the little princess. If only I'd bought the other boots at Payless...
Three Silver Pheasant Hens Join My Flock
9 hours ago


3 comments:
Hello, Wonderwoman! It is great to link on to your blog and catch up with you all. I cannot believe how your family has grown (and grown up)! I think back when Alex was just a little thing! You are blessed with such an amazing family. Keep in touch!
Olivia is totally correct. I am the girly-est of them all! Unfortunately I brought the beloved pom-pom boots home with me to California and I haven't worn them ONCE. I should have stuffed the toes with socks and left them at your house so you could be elevated to girly status too! (In my eyes, you are certainly not "boyish"...you are almost as girly as I am. Almost.)
Where does that leave me... ? You better ask Olivia. I'm dying to know!
Post a Comment