I like to laugh. Last week we played a game called "Things" with the big kids and some of James' family. In this game everyone writes down an answer to a certain question (read off a card), and then everyone tries to guess who wrote which answer. For example, we all had to write down "Things you shouldn't collect" - and someone wrote "navel lint" and another person wrote "poo". I know its juvenile, but I laughed so hard I couldn't even speak. I love that. I love laughing that much. I love when you can't catch your breath or speak - I don't even mind when I ly snort! Usually that just makes me laugh more. I realize that there is something wrong in my life lately - I don't seem to laugh enough. James and I used to laugh ourselves silly all the time. It seems we were more carefree ( what, really?? before 3 businesses and 5 kids?? No way!), and much quicker to laugh. I want to be that old self again. I want to laugh my head off on a regular basis. I need to lighten up. We all do. Life is funny.
The first time I saw "Meet the Parents" I think I almost wet myself - I thought it was so funny. Also, "The Break-Up" with Vince Vaughn and Jen Aniston. There is one scene in there when Vince is talking about Jennifer's brother (I think that's who it was) - we were watching this in the theatre (and we don't often laugh out loud in theatres) and we laughed so hard that James (yes, James, not me) snorted. That made us laugh even more. Oh - "Something's Gotta Give" - that one made me laugh out loud in the theatre too. And sometimes Conan O'Brian is hilarious. Leave a comment about any movies that have made you laugh, because I love funny movies. And dramas, and action movies, and chick flicks, and almost anything...


4 comments:
Love all of those movies. I remember the first time I saw Meet the Parents, I had to pause the movie because I was laughing so hard during the prayer scene. Laughing so hard, by myself. sad.
A few more include, "Mean Girls", "Flirting with Disaster" (rated R, but is on TV edited all the time), "Monster in Law" (I know, looks cheezy, but funny as crap), and our all time favorite, "Rocket Man". There are so many more!!!!
I love funny movies...and TV shows. The last time I was laughing that hard was watching Bryan Reagan (a comedian who is completely hilarious...and totally clean jokes too!). You've heard of the "ugly cry", well I actually go into an "ugly laugh" and I can't control my facial muscles and I can't breath. I love it!
I have to agree with Beth on that one. Bryan Reagan is hilarious!! The last movie I laughed until I was sick was Shrek 2. I know - not an obvious choice, but Paul and I laughed so hard during that movie... we kept rewinding back to this one spot for instant and uncontrollable giggles (where Pinoochio goes down to rescue Shrek and Donkey) - too funny.
OK, I started reading your blog after getting your comment and you're a hoot! I'm glad that you're "30 something" and still laughing (and at the very least wondering why you haven't laughed lately) I'm the same way. Once we were at the table playing the quiet game and I decided I wanted to win, or at least beat my children (all under 7) so I let out a huge toot. They laughed so hard so I started laughing and my husband looked at me as if to say, "You've got to be kidding!" And I'm 34.
I actually just bought Happy Gilmore (it came with Billy Maddison) and I know they're not the "best" to have in the house, but I can remember laughing so hard at Happy Gilmore when I was in college that I bought 'em to see if they were still funny to me.
Lately, what's made me laugh the hardest has been the TV series "The Office." I'm way behind in it cuz we don't have cable, just do NetFlix, so I've just recently discovered "The Office."
I plan to own all the seasons one day.
Post a Comment