My Kids

My Kids

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Canadian Idol

I'll admit it - I'm hooked. A couple of years ago I watched this show, and it was so lame. I felt like it was just a complete rip-off of the American one. By this I mean that I felt like the judges were trying to be just like Randy, Paula, and Simon, and Ben Mulroney - he sucked.

But this year James was watching the auditions, and there was one singer that I liked so much, I had to keep watching. (Earl, for you groupies out there). Now I am very impressed with the whole show. The contestants are very polished. This weeks shows did not seem at all like the first performance. Very impressive. And the judges are fantastic. I love them. They are polite, articulate, and, amazingly enough, very helpful. They seem to be much more about helping the contestants do well and not so much about their own egos. Its very refreshing.

Too bad for you Americans who can't watch...

No comments: