My Kids

My Kids

Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Another fun day

Today started with me asking the kids to poke forks in their eyes and chew on tinfoil. Oh no - that's not true, that's just what it FELT like I said when I asked them to please clean their rooms and do their weekly chore. How dare I infringe on their playtime?? Don't I know that they have school again in just a couple of months?? Truthfully though, they did their chores with only a minor amount of fuss...in fact, lets play a matching game: match the child to their attitude:

1. Alex
2. Coleman
3. Sam

A. Did the chores right away
B. Did the chores after only a couple of reminders
C. Sulked on the couch and then grudgingly did the chores
D. Did the chores without even being asked.

Oh wait - answer D is my fantasy life.

After our minor setback of choredom, the rest of the day was kid-friendly. We spent a couple of hours at the splash park with cousins and kids from the ward. Then I consulted my formula and found this: Chores + Outside time = Computer + TV. So that was our late afternoon fun. Now the 2 bigs are at Scouts and YW's, Sam is playing with a neighbour friend, and the 2 littles are in bed, soon to be sleeping I hope. Time for me to read...

5 comments:

Mother 25 - 8 said...

Mine would be majority C and then I'd have to add one for my 2 year old: D: Disappear

What makes you so funny is that your posts are SO TRUE!

Renee said...

How about E: laugh in Mom's face.

R. Patton said...

I used to HATE it when my mom made me do chores before playing outside during the summer. Nowadays, it seems that the kids would rather stay indoors with their technology. I actually make them play outside to earn Nintendo privileges. What is this world coming to?
So, doesn't it add pressure to your days by journaling your summer? :)

Janine said...

Yes, that's why I do it - to keep us busy!

b.liz said...

You are SO GOOD at keeping up on your posts, J...and I could learn a few lessons on parenting teenagers since you're kids are sweethearts!

I hated chores as a child too and so I'm never going to make my kids do any chores around the house. HAHA! Unfortunately my 5 and 2 yr olds are quite unhelpful so far...especially when I'm trying to keep my house "show-worthy" all the time! Yuck!