Alright, I've done a pretty good job of keeping us busy this summer. Mondays' are James' day off - so we like do family things on those days. This week we did our maiden voyage to Calaway Park. All the kids had fun on at least one ride. We also met my sister and her kids too. Can I tell you how great it is having older kids who can do things on their own? So nice...
For the other days of the week, without James, we're back on our summer schedule: the rules are each older kid gets to pick the activity for a day. No one can complain about someone's day, everyone has to participate, and you can't try to influence the chooser. I also get a day assigned to me. Olivia doesn't, since every school day is her choice of fun.
This week's activities have been one day at the Science Centre (me), and one day at Heritage Park (Alex). Yesterday an old high school friend came by for a visit. We had a great time catching up and just chatting about things in general. We found each other on Facebook and then realized that we live 2 blocks from each other. Small world.
This morning I lathered all up with sunscreen to go to Heritage Park - and then I've spent the whole afternoon in my office doing work. I've been busy entering in all the data from the clinics so that I can reconcile the bank statement, and then we can get paid (Yay!!). I've also been reconciling the business credit card bills (there are lots of these)...anyway all this work sometimes makes me a bit frantic. It's just a lot of data entry - that should be fairly easy and relaxing - but it's all the endless pieces of paper that I have to sort, look at, transfer relevant info into the computer, and file appropriately that make me feel a bit claustrophobic in my office. Add on all the spreadsheets I have to keep straight - and I really can work myself up in a tizzy. Oh wait, there is always the underlying time factor: how long until Olivia needs to eat, Will starts crying, the kids start fighting, I have to make dinner...Anyway, after an afternoon of frazzled computer work with a layer of sunscreen on...I just need to hop into the shower (and maybe do like 100 jumping jacks to burn off some nervous energy).
Plus, my office is SO messy! I really need to organize it better, but I need James' help because its his stuff too. I'm pretty sure he thinks the office is "his" space to store whatever he wants wherever he wants. But that's just silly. We all know that he has his closet and his big screen TV and the rest of the house is mine!
Three Silver Pheasant Hens Join My Flock
9 hours ago


1 comment:
We're cleaning Scott's office today too. It's such a mess, but in his defense, he has no furniture to store stuff in. So, it's a mad day of putting bookshelves together and painting.
Post a Comment