To catch us all up on our summer fun, here's what we did last week:
-we had visits from 2 of my university friends: Carla and MarNai. Both brought their kids (our kids had a great water fight with Carla's kids), and MarNai also brought her husband. So fun to visit and catch up and just chat like it hadn't been 15 years since our last visit!
-we went to the zoo, and really had more fun at the playground than looking at the animals
-we went to the mall to get a baby gift. The kids all wanted to go into the game store and look, but I only acquiesced on the condition that they understood that we weren't buying anything. We were in the store for about 10 secs before I had a new game in my hand that I HAD TO buy (Ticket to Ride Switzerland). And it was worth the $20...we've played it everyday since then.
-we played at home and out at our playground a couple of times
-we went back to the science centre
-we went back to the splash park with friends from the ward
-we went to Sandy Beach (a true misnomer - it's completely rocky - not one bit of sand anywhere). And for you non-Calgarians...its a small river, not a beautiful ocean beach or lake front.
-James and I saw Batman...okay, so not very fun for the kids but we sure loved it.
-and of course, there was lots of Wii, TV, naps (okay, just for Will & I), and computer
Three Silver Pheasant Hens Join My Flock
9 hours ago


3 comments:
Two things of which I'm completely jealous. 1. You have Ticket to Ride Switzerland. (Can we invite ourselves over for a game this Christmas?) 2. You can take naps while at least some of your children are awake. (I'm really looking forward to that day)
I can't let my kids read your blog, or they'll start to wonder why we're so boring here!
Sounds like you are having fun! We finally made it to Montana. I found the Wii gadget on the TV, but I can't find the phone charger. Where did you say it was? You can email me - I was just checking your blog and it reminded me that I couldn't fine it!
Post a Comment