So, my step-sister-in-law, Rebecca (you can see her blog on the side) decided to blog about things they are doing this summer - everyday. This way her kids can't complain that the summer is boring and they never do anything fun. I thought that was a good idea, so I'm going to do a similar thing. However, after a while my summer accounting may quickly become Wii, TV, Wii, nap, TV....
But for now we started with a bang. We've spent the week at my sister-in-law's parents cabin in Montana. Its been a blast playing in the water, playing games, and shopping. I love Target. I mean I love the lake. I actually love being in the sun. I'll post some pictures later. For now, here's some highlights:
Alex got up on water skis - only for a few seconds, but she did it. Thanks to Holly for helping.
After about a gazillion games, I finally won a game of Settlers of Catan.
Target, Target, Target
Watching all the kids play together - bigs and littles.
Finally, a note on bathing suits. My sister in law Beth loves these bathing suits called Miracle Suits - their claim is that they make you look "10 pounds lighter" immediately. I decided to get one (ok, actually I got 2) and they really are great. They feel like you are wearing a corset - and they just hold in everything. Fantastic!! What's sad is that for months I've been thinking: "If only I could lose 10 pounds" now I realize that 10 pounds is not enough - I need 20. Maybe I should just wear both suits at once!
Three Silver Pheasant Hens Join My Flock
9 hours ago


2 comments:
OK, that post left me laughing even while I'm sitting at my computer nursing a sleeping baby.
I'm with you all the way, from sentence 1 to the last sentence (I actually could sit and count all the sentences because I'm must here sitting at my computer.)
So far my kids' summer has been Wii, TV, Wii, chips, Wii, Ramen Noodles, and naps.
I suck.
I want a Wii. I keep trying to convince Scott how great it would be for the kids and how much they REALLY want one, when all along it's been me. Get a life Renee.
Post a Comment