My Kids

My Kids

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Birthdays

For some reason, even though he's smack dab in the middle of our kids, I still sometimes think of Sam as our baby. But he turned 10 on the weekend. Double Digits!!! How time flies. Sam is such an easy-going little boy. He really is happy to do everything. He is also the favourite cousin of all the younger family. They all love him - but that's because he loves to play with them all. He also wins almost every week for having the cleanest room - way to go Sam, keep up the good work.

Let me tell you about the time that Sam had a temper tantrum...oh wait, he NEVER has, not one in all his ten years. The other kids can barely go 10 days (or 10 minutes if they are named Olivia). He really is a great joy for our whole family.

I remember how much my dad and him bonded when my parents came to visit when Sam was about 18 months old. We spent some time travelling in France and Italy, and Sam slept in the same room as my parents, and every morning, when he woke up, my dad would bring Sam into bed for an early morning snuggle. What a great way to start the day, snuggling a cute baby.

Speaking of birthdays...my sister turned 40 today. She's old. I can say that because I'm still in my 30's. I wish I had scanned in the card I bought for her - it was perfect. It had one of those old black and white photos on the front. In the picture were 2 little kids, and the obviously older sister was dressed like a nurse. She was feeding a bottle to her younger sibling, and the caption read "Now drink this and then it's time to eat some dirt" The inside of the card read "Ah...memories". For those with older sisters, I think you'll appreciate the sentiment. The things I did growing up just because my older sister wanted me too...And by "growing up", I mean last week.

4 comments:

Collette said...

So funny thing.. I had a dream last night that I ate all the maple cream filled cookies that you guys gave us and I was trying to order more and couldn't find them ANY WHERE! Too funny! Those things were really good and apparently my body is telling me that I need more! haha! They really must have made an impact! Thanks!

Sara and Dustin said...

Sam is TEN?? I remember him crawling around your house in Germany. He really is such a good kid.

b.liz said...

I heart Sam

...and so do my kids.

Renee said...

I still think of Sam as your baby too.

Love the sister bday card! I used to torture my sister and make her eat all kinds of horrid stuff. Good times.