My Kids

My Kids

Friday, October 17, 2008

Holiday Mayhem

As a mom, Hallowe'en has always been my least favorite holiday. Partly because I spend weeks after it eating all the mini-chocolate bars from the kids' treat bags (come on, fess up - who doesn't steal candy from their kids), but mostly because I am not a good costumer. Don't get me wrong, I will gladly dress up in costumes. I really like being in a good costume that makes everyone laugh - nothing really embarrasses me. [Side note: you know sometimes you are asked "what's your most embarrassing moment" I can never answer that. I can answer with lots of moments that SHOULD have been embarrassing, but for me they never really are.]

Back to costumes - I just can't put together costumes on my own. There are some people out there that can gather items around their house and in minutes put together an incredibly creative and immediately recognizable costume. Not me. Plus, then there is the weather dilemma - does it matter how great your costume is if it's covered completely by your parka? That's why I always like the ninja/jedi/vampire type ideas - a long black cloak can go OVER the winter clothes. Oh, the stress, the stress...

But, luckily Old Navy has come to save me this year. For little kids they have the cutest costumes - that are long pants and jackets. Perfect for here. The irony is that I bought them in Southern California where there will be a whole bunch of sweaty little dragons, skunks, butterflies, and cats.

This year, Will is going in drag



On a different note, tonight James and I are going with some friends to the Battle of Alberta hockey game. Guess who I'll be cheering for??

1 comment:

Renee said...

Halloween!!!! It's still like 2 weeks away right?