WARNING: If you aren't an Albertan, this might not make a lot of sense to you. Sorry. Use Google to clarify if you wish.
No, this post isn't a political rant, or even a commentary on our recent election, the state of our yet-again-minority government, or the existence of a national party whose main selling point is a separtist agenda. Instead, this is from a conversation my sister and I had today - it's almost like a fantasy election scenario.
During my morning perusal of today's paper (I say "paper", but I really just look at the headlines), the phrase "ex-Oiler" jumped out at me...in an election article. I can't remember the details (because I didn't actually read them), but I guess an ex-Oiler ran for election as an MP in Edmonton. So...
...if Jarome Iginla ran as a CONSERVATIVE in EDMONTON, would he win?
...could Chris Pronger get even 1 vote in EDMONTON even as a CONSERVATIVE?
...what about Jarome Iginla in CALGARY as a NDP?
Good questions.
All I know is that I would vote for Mark Messier even if he ran as a Bloc Quebecois candidate.
Three Silver Pheasant Hens Join My Flock
9 hours ago


2 comments:
Love the pictures! Looks like you guys had an awesome time. Have to say I'm a little jealous...
Mike's comment when I posed those questions to him - Jarome would win as a liberal, not as NDP (you have to draw the line somewhere, I guess...)
Post a Comment