My Kids

My Kids

Monday, March 16, 2009

Cherries

I love cherry pie filling. That can of red, semi-gelatinous, overly sweet goodness. Alex made a cheesecake this weekend - and it was terrific. Good job Alex. But really, I was just so excited to have an excuse to open the can of pie filling that's been sitting waiting so patiently in my cupboard. It was so yummy. I had some on a piece of cake. And then I just had some. And some more.

2 comments:

Renee said...

Mmm, that sounds good.

Do you remember our friend Cathy Haufler from Germany? She used to make these mini cheesecakes, with vanilla wafers, cheesecake filling and cherry pie filling. She'd put mini muffin cups in a mini muffin tin, and layer the first two ingredients. After they cooled, the pie filling went on.

I don't have the exact recipe, but I don't think it would be hard to copy.

CJ Liang said...

I have the recipe... let me know if you want it Janine. :) I was just thinking about how good those were last night.