Like most of you know, I'm the bookkeeper for James' businesses. A do so love to complain about the work - because it takes time away from other things I could be doing (like blogging, scrapbooking, reading, or napping) - but I actually love the work itself. I love to put all the bank transactions into their proper places in my spreadsheets, and I love to see all the numbers add up correctly. Side note - I really love to do this when the numbers show we made lots of money, it's not so fun when the numbers are really low.
Here's the real point to this post, and it doesn't make me look good:
Whenever I have to fill out a form and I get to that line that says "occupation" I always put mom. Do you think this is because:
A) I think being a mom is the highest calling and my purpose in life
B) I think stay-at-home moms are looked down on in society so this is my way of fighting that prejudice, or
C) I think, with indignation raging through my veins, I have TWO degrees in engineering, I am NOT a bookkeeper!!!
Yes, it's C which is ironic because I can't remember a single thing from all those years of engineering - in fact, there are only two times that I remember that I'm an engineer: when I fill out forms or when my iron ring feels tight.
So, in conclusion (or should I say QED, or perhaps - my favorite phrase from my continuum mechanics proofs - by intuition) I AM FULL OF MISPLACED VANITY!!
Three Silver Pheasant Hens Join My Flock
9 hours ago


4 comments:
I don't know what half of this post means, but I think I understand the point... Do I?
The word verification is "statan".
There's no way I'd put bookkeeper as occupation - and you especially don't fit the stereotype (boring). Hang onto the vanity, misplaced or otherwise.
D) all of the above
...or you could always write (really tiny): Former Engineer (with mad math skills and funny streak)turned Domestic Goddess and Super Mom
I'm glad you liked the pasta. I'm going to post a delicious recipe for pineapple upside down cake soon. It was a winner too.
Post a Comment