My Hair.
About 2 haircuts ago (and yes, I go every 8 weeks), my hairdresser (Andrea) left my cut a bit longer...same style I've had and loved for a year...just a little longer to begin with. Well, after about 4 weeks I couldn't stand it anymore. I thought about going in early to have it cut again, but by the time I got around to phoning a couple of weeks had passed and it was almost time to go in anyway. And then an amazing thing happened.
It was like an epiphany. A firm resolution of an internal dilemma.
My hair had grown just a bit more...and I loved it. I decided then and there to GROW OUT MY HAIR!! So now I'm avoiding Andrea - at her insistence. This week marks the 8 week point - and I have no appointment! A first for me in 9 years!!
An aside - about 6 months ago I looked at pictures of me with longish hair and told Andrea these exact words: "If I ever come to you and say I want to grow my hair long, just tell me no way and cut it short anyway." Luckily, she doesn't always listen to everything I say!
So the point of this post, dear readers (I hate it when books say that line), is to tell you that although my hair only falls somewhere between my chin and my shoulders, I already feel like I have long hair. I try to shake it back over my shoulders and run my fingers through it, as if it was down to the middle of my back. I have all the long hair mannerisms without the actual hair.
So, I'm all ready for it!! I just have to wait a few months...like 20 or so....
Three Silver Pheasant Hens Join My Flock
9 hours ago


5 comments:
Janine - do you remember me from U of A? (I think my brother Jared & sis in law Juanita are in your ward???) I don't even remember how I found your blog...but it's been fun to read now and then.
YOUR HAIR!!! I think I remember first meeting you and your hair was super-long and very mermaid-like. I can NOT picture you with anything shorter!
Janine, you have such great hair, you could pull off any cut. My hair on the other hand needs to be longer or I look like a boy.
I'd love to see pictures of your mermaid length do!
don't give in to the long hair! short hair rocks!
Please show us a photo of your long-ish hair!!
My stylist just chopped my hair short and I already want to grow it out! Actually, I was thinking about you the other day as I was attempting (and failing!) to style my short and curly hair - wishing I had some big sister-ly advice. Your short hair was always so stylish. Help!
I just saw you and I love your hair..cute cut and length...and on a side note how come no pics and comments of your visit to Missoula to see your long lost friend of over 10 years!!! this is of course Leigh Anne but I am way to lazy to sign in under my name :)
Post a Comment