My Kids

My Kids

Monday, February 28, 2011

An accidental Science Experiment

We always have pop in our garage.  During the warmer months, when we have room, we keep it in our fridge out there.  But, since it's cooled down (to put it mildly), I've become lazy and just left it out in the garage.

Now I have thought about the dangers of those cans of pop freezing, but even during that super cold snap right after Christmas, it was all fine.

Until last week.  2 cans of pop exploded.  Luckily, the mess was contained mostly to the cardboard box that was holding the cans.  [Side note....I use the term "mess", but frozen pop doesn't really make a mess...the problem only comes when it thaws]

Anyway, here's the interesting part...

There were 3 different containers of pop sitting out in the garage:

1.  Diet Dr. Pepper
2.  Coke Zero
3.  Superstore Brand Diet Grapefruit

And both cans were from the same container!!  So, I ask you, which pop do you think freezes first???

5 comments:

ehjenn said...

I'm going with Coke zero!! We have blown up many a dc in our freezer. Miss ya by the way!

Georgina said...

Diet Dr Pepper. Definitely.

Renee said...

Grapefruit.

David said...

Ooh, a tough one. They're all diet, so I can't use the sugar vs. no sugar argument. Also, if Dr. Pepper was Dr. Saltypants, I would have a better idea. I'm gonna go with Coke Zero for completely scientific reasons.

b.liz said...

i guess the pepper...