My Kids

My Kids

Saturday, February 5, 2011

And Speaking of Dating...

Alex went on her first date last night!  A kid from our ward, who's a year older, took her on a double date.  I think he just rotates through the eligible girls in our ward, which is nice, because it's a comfortable way for everyone to get used to dating.  And for the parents too.

Would you like to see a picture of her first date?

Yes?

I would too.  But she was very, very adamant that I NOT take a picture.  Bummer.  And as much as I love to document things for my scrapbook/facebook/blog....I decided not to be THAT mom...the one who embarrasses their kid.  [Well, I mean, more than I do just by wearing my PJ's all the time and singing out loud].

So instead, I snuck upstairs and took these pictures from my office window!

Enjoy!




8 comments:

LOCKHARTS said...

I can't believe Alex is driving and dating! Those years were some of the funnest and most memerable years for me! I hope she is living it up.
As for the pics? Who could resist? We all have a right to be THAT mom...at least some of the time.

b.liz said...

Hilarious, Janine! I'm so glad you took some momparazzi photos for posterity. She'll thank you some day.

Renee said...

Oh I love it and applaud you!!! You are so funny Janine, but when did we get old enough to have kids that drive and date?

Bonnie White said...

who needs Us of People? i never thought of taking pictures - oh wait I didn't know my children even dated. That boy is her intellectual match.

Sara and Dustin said...

Ha! I love that you took those. I would totally have done that. Is that boy honestly wearing a t-shirt with no coat?? You still live in the Great North, right?

Alex Thompson said...

MOM!!!!!!!! You are such a stalker! Look at those photos!

Flora said...

Janine! You are stinkin' hilarious! I LOVE you! Someday, Alex will love you.

Stacey said...

He didn't get the door for her? Seriously, has good old fashioned chivalry really died?