My Kids

My Kids

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

BTW...

...my sister and I text each other quite a bit (as alluded to in a previous post) but we never use proper texting slang.  We just type full words and sentences.  Sometimes I may throw in a BTW for kicks...but that's about it.

I don't know why she doesn't, but I don't do it because of my phone.  I have a Blackberry Pearl Flip...its a QWERTY style keyboard but there are 2 letters per key, and as I type my phone guesses what word I'm trying to spell.  Since I've had this phone for a while I've gotten pretty fast at typing on it, and it knows what I"m trying to type...so doing those abbreviations actually takes me longer.

Also, it could be because with the abbreviations, we might not know what we are talking about.

3 comments:

Maja said...

I don't abbreviated, not because I am a fast typer with any type of technology, but because I can't stand reading abbreviated words!!!! Seriously, I want to do a post about how much "lol" offends me! But then, I can be a little neurotic...

Colleen said...

I think it's the 3 years of typing I took in school, I feel like I have to follow all those rules I was taught! Plus my phone autocorrects and I'm too old to keep up with all the abbreviations.

David said...

It's too bad your blog doesn't autocorrect the use of " instead of ' in the word I'm.

BTW, I lkd ur post 2nite. IMHO, ur 2 old 4 txting.