Is a filter between my brain and my mouth.
And no, I didn't just figure this out, I've known it for years, but every now and then I'm reminded of this fact.
And I would share the story of a conversation recently that really highlights this lack, but I can't remember what I was going to share.
Which leads to my next thought:
No filter + Worsening short term memory = Less embarrassing moments to remember
So it's a win-win for me. I can say what I want without having to remember the consequences. Ha ha!!
And really, it's not like I get embarrassed anyway.
Maybe I should use the "filter" / "delete key" on some posts like this one anyway???
Finally, do you feel the need to hold conversations (And I don't mean the ones with yourself...there's no NEED for those, just PURE JOY)? Sometimes, when going into an unknown social setting, I think about things to talk about. I hate being in places where no one talks. And I do feel the burden of starting conversations.
However, at least once a week now, James and I have been running together in the morning. And you know what? I don't feel the need to talk then at all. I just feel the need to pant.
Summer in Maine 2026
4 days ago


3 comments:
But that's what I love about you! You have no filter, it makes things more exciting... especially Sunday school. When we first moved into the ward I dreaded Sunday School but when we finally went I couldn't wait for the following week to attend. You make life exciting!
You and my husband are so alike and having no filter allows conversations to be more humourous and interesting :) It's a good thing!
Hilarious! I'm glad that someone else suffers with the same diseases that I have. I knew I liked you! Noelle
Hilarious! I'm glad that someone else suffers with the same diseases that I have. I knew I liked you! Noelle
Post a Comment