I'm an exercizer. Not a pretty one, not a fanatical one, just a "I-must-do-this-to-keep-from-looking-like-a-blimp" one. My only goal lately has been to slowly get back to my pre-baby level of fitness and, hopefully, wardrobe as well. I haven't been going overboard with any training or anything, but I have been running, walking, or using the ellipitcal machine. I've also been doing a fairly comprehensive weight training program at least twice a week for the past few months. I'm not saying this to brag, I'm just saying that I'm not in the worst shape of my life....which leads me to the whole point of this blog.
There is an ongoing aerobics class at our church - that I never go to- but a lot of my friends do. A couple of days ago a friend was teaching a circuit training class. I thought I'd go for fun. And it was fun. We worked out in pairs and my partner and I had a great time chatting. However, I felt like the workout itself was only "ok". I figured that I'd have to supplement with my own weight training the next day at the gym. Silly me. If any of you know Camilla Spackman, you'll laugh - would she ever do an easy class?? Anyway, at the end of class Camilla tells us all to make sure to stretch because the class is deceptive, it was really much harder than it seemed at the time. Even with that warning I still didn't believe her. Ha ha. Yesterday every muscle in my body hurt. Today I'm starting to be able to use my back and shoulders without tears coming to my eyes. Its sad.
Three Silver Pheasant Hens Join My Flock
9 hours ago


3 comments:
Ok that is seriously hilarious!! I wish I could do a Camilla class out here - a crazy workout that DOESN"T feel like you are going to explode??? SOLD! Now if only I lived in Calgary...!
What was the workout? It seems like lately, just weeding the yard makes me sore. I really need to make a change.
Aunt Camilla is so hardcore. I would love, love, LOVE to do her classes with you. JEALOUS!
(p.s. It sounds like you are in great shape. Are you going to have a beach bod for our reunion at the lake?)
Post a Comment