My Kids

My Kids

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

The Perils of Recycling

Yesterday as Coleman was recycling the cans and bottles, we had this conversation:

C-man: Mom, you shouldn't drink Diet Coke

Me: Why not?

Me (to myself in frantic thinking mode): Crap! Now comes the questions about how come I drink coke and other people at church don't. Or maybe he's going to quiz me on the difference between diet coke and a healthly lifestyle.

Me (to myself, even more frantically): I'm going to have to give it up. I can't, I can't, what am I going to do??!!

C-man (because all that stuff in my head only took a split-second): Well, kids need pop too, so you should only buy stuff that we all can have.

Me (with somewhat of relief in my voice): what's the point when I'll only tell you that you can't have it.

1 comment:

Renee said...

Aaahhhhh finally, a blog with no mention of the elections. Oh Canada!