My Kids

My Kids

Saturday, November 29, 2008

Washing Machine

So my washing machine stopped draining the other day. Of course it was a load of towels - the heaviest things around when the are soaking wet and the hardest to wring out. Which I did and then dried in batches for HOURS. I was slightly inconvienenced by the break-down, and a little miffed (my machine is only 2 years old) about having to call a repair man. Luckily I found one that could come that afternoon. But really, when IS a good time to have your washing machine break down? When can you stop having clean clothes?? Coleman would argue that clean clothes aren't a necessity. And maybe he's right? Maybe they do start smelling better after lying on the floor for a week??

So the repair man found the mother of all lint balls stuck inside the machine pump - he removed it, the machine worked, I threw the lint ball in the garbage. I thought it was all over. BUT NO! James came home, looked at the lint ball, touched the lint ball, dug through the lint ball and found out it was really one of his socks! So, the myth is true, the washing machine really does eat socks!!

4 comments:

R. Patton said...

Your postings crack me up! I need you to e-mail me your mailing address (bospatton@yahoo.com). I have a little something for Will! :)
Oh yeah, sciess is my verification word. Ha! Is it German or something?!

Renee said...

I feel your pain! My vacuum, garbage disposal and water heater all went out on Wed. Of course Scott was gone and we were leaving for my parents that evening.

BUT, I would still rather deal with all of these things than a washer full of wet towels!

Kate said...

that is hilarious! That must be one fierce washing machine.

David said...

When we lived in the condo, I took the drain pipe out of the washing machine and found 3 socks and a pair of underwear in it!

And then, when we got our new washer, it had a massive crack in the drum - spilling water EVERYWHERE. Of course, I did a load of towels first thing too!