My Kids

My Kids

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

A Horror Story


I was just walking home from a friend's house in the rain, carrying my umbrella. I was so caught up in my thoughts (about our upcoming church service activity) that I didn't notice a low-hanging tree branch in front of me. As I walked beneath it, totally unaware of my surroundings, the branch brushed against my umbrella with a screeching sound and the silhouette of a giant monster arm.

My heart actually missed a beat and I may have wet my pants (but just a little bit).

3 comments:

R. Patton said...

I am going to have to leave a post about a similar incident where I psyched myself out! I enjoy your imagination!

PS - My word verificatino is "happina" -- is this a happy female??

Renee said...

Thank goodness it wasn't a REAL monster!

I live in a house full of stealthy individuals who appear as if from no where and freak me out. I'm constantly screaming, "Make some noise!"

Colleen said...

I thought you were going to say you walked right in to the branch, but I guess that would only happen on my blog.