I forgot to mention that on Friday night, when Will and I finally got to the auxillary waiting area right beside the treatment rooms, the only thing I could do to stop him from running around was to sing to him. And the only song he wanted was Old MacDonald, but he only wanted it sung one particular way. Any variations and he would yell "Stop stop stop!". Also, he occasionally belted out an E-I-E-I-OOOOOOO of his own.
The song went like this:
"Old MacDonald had a cat E-I-E-I-O
and on that cat he had a cat E-I-E-I-O
with a cat-cat here and a cat-cat there, here a cat, there a cat, everywhere a cat-cat
Old MacDonald had a cat E-I-E-I-O"
Over and over again.
I'm sure the guy next to me was regretting his decision to come to the urgent care.
Three Silver Pheasant Hens Join My Flock
9 hours ago


4 comments:
Eve is also very particular in how she wants songs sung... We just get a "No!" with an admonishing finger point and look of disdain if we sing the song wrong!.
Of course, now I'll be singing "with a cat-cat here" all day.
I still feel more sorry for you than the guy sitting next to you.
And yes, I actually would like a spreadsheet of the weekly goals!
I am laughing, laughing, laughing all the way through the house about your story! And why laugh at your pain? Oh, it so easily could have been me, but I wouldn't have had the creativity to scrape out the poop. I would have tried panhandling a diaper off someone and made myself look even more unqualified to have the child. I'm glad it all turned out OK in the end.
LOL on the song. I guess he wants a cat! When we were little, my siblings and I had another version, that I THOUGHT was the right one for years and years. My grandfather had three maiden sisters whose names were Eva, Ada, and Ida and their last name was Ohl. We thought refrain was not E-I-E-I-O but "Eva, Ada, Ida Ohl...." OMW, we used to sing it like that and now just for fun, we still do it. Fun times.
Post a Comment