My Kids

My Kids

Wednesday, October 7, 2009

I'm in!!

That's right - I'm in a club - the Martha Stewart Cupcake Club! Thanks to my sister-in-law Beth for pointing me in this direction.

The only problem is that they bake the cupcakes in a RANDOM order...so I might have to let go of my chronological progression. However, they only have 1 challenge a month, so that does leave time for other cupcake adventures.

You can check out the site by using that handy little button I installed.

Now I have a friend coming over and we are making butter tarts - my first venture into homemade tart shells.

PS. The title of the last post comes from a Joni Mitchell song. As I was thinking all week about how I dislike the change of seasons and about seasons in general, ex-pecially while I was writing that post, her song kept going through my head "And the seasons they go round and round and the painted ponies go up and down, we're captive on the carousel of life..." Thus the title.

PPS. I have such a hard time remembering how to spell certain words, and sometimes I have to think a bit to remember their first letters: kept, catch, and get. Weird.

4 comments:

Renee said...

That's great!! Share your favorites, with tips of course, and pictures.

ps. I love Amy Sedaris!

b.liz said...

Hooray for cupcakes! Please post your fave recipes so we can all enjoy them too. The only cupcakes I ever make (because they are ridiculously good) are Ina Garten's coconut ones. I need to branch out.

b.liz said...

wait...did you just say ex-pecially?

Kayte said...

I was a great speller until I took French in high school and ever since I cannot remember if words like address has one or two "d"s as in English it is one way and French the other...lots of words like that. Wrecked my spelling life. LOL. So happy you are in the MSC club or I would not have "met" you and I am thoroughly enjoying my visit today with your posts. I love families who love being families. My blog has my cooking on it but also my family. One son gives me free rein with what I post, the other doesn't want too much on the blog about him for fear his "cool" friends won't think that is "cool." LOL. A lot of people think I only have one son as a result! I try to be respectful...well, as much as you can with a 16 year old going from one mood to the next with only a second or two notice. Keeps life interesting, I will say that.