My Kids

My Kids

Thursday, February 11, 2010

"Great" Minds

Some people have what I like to call "pop culture brains". I like these people.

For instance, last week I babysat for some friends. When they came back to my house, they saw the "Littlest Pet Shop" game sitting out. He immediately said:

"Littlest Pet Shop of Horrors"

and she said:

"Littlest Pet Shop Boys"

This same couple was at our house a few weeks ago and talking about boy names for their upcoming baby. She was listing possibilities...I can't remember them all, so I'll just add in my own boys names to make the point...

She said: "I like Coleman, Ezra, Sam"

And he said: "Well, Sam is better than Ezra"

Which made me laugh. And then we both admitted we don't even know any songs by that band, we just know the name. (Better Than Ezra, if you don't know)

That is a pop culture brain. My brother has one. Cindy of the previous post has one. I would like to have one. But I just have half a one. WAIT: Maybe I only have half a brain these days anyway, so I shouldn't expect more!!!

2 comments:

David said...

If I only had a brain...

Hmm - not quite "pop" culture... now that I think of it, is the Wizard of Oz culture at all? We'll have to ask the Culture Club.

Renee said...

My sister is the pop culture queen. She always laughs at me because I get words and titles and names and, etc... wrong every time I try. Sad.