My Kids

My Kids

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Priorities

Thanks to Ikea - and lots of James Power - we've finally centralized and organized all the toys into these PAX cupboards in our basement. Of course, it looks so good, and everything is perfectly aligned inside of these, that I don't actually want anyone to play with any of the toys. And we can never buy another toy unless it adds to a collection that has already been assigned a bin (such as lego, barbies etc.) Plus - and its a good thing that Will and Olivia can't read this - I got rid of 3 bags of toys.



However, I'm still not sure if it wouldn't have been better to spend the money on these:



We had this same "dilemma" a couple of years ago when we completely outfitted our family room: TV, Blue Ray, Sound system, bookcases, couch -




- instead of buying this:



Sometimes having a practical realist for a husband sucks.

4 comments:

Stacey said...

just remind him, diamonds are forever...

Renee said...

Your house looks great! Everything is so organized and clean. I'd rather have a fully furnished, pretty house than jewelry. Maybe it's because I've got hobbit fingers and I'd rather not draw more attention.

I love IKEA, but we don't have one here within 3 hours. Ugh!

b.liz said...

Mmmm...diamonds. I think you guys have your priorities completely mixed up. Haha!

Kate said...

I'm just waiting for a good couple hours to go through our toys and purge! I'm so jealous of your organized toys!