Early this morning I noticed - while still mostly asleep - that it was getting lighter and the birds were singing and I thought about groggily rolling over to see how much longer I had to sleep. Then some more awake part of my mind remembered that it was Saturday so I didn't have to wake up at 6 and it felt so good to know that. So good. So I went back to sleep and stayed that way until 8. Heavenly.
Also, James and I went to the Opera last night - the Barber of Seville. I couldn't help it. The minute the music started, Bugs Bunny popped into my head and I started to chuckle. I'll admit it - that Looney Tunes cartoon was my first exposure to opera. Anyone else?
Three Silver Pheasant Hens Join My Flock
9 hours ago


2 comments:
OK...how funny that we can find each other and catch up on blogs! I'm not a great blogger because I have no time to sit down for longer than 5 minutes if I want to avoid any kind of major disaster! I'm adding you to my list of blogs to read because I can always use a good laugh. Who else do you stay in contact with from the good ole day in Houston?
Yes I loved that cartoon too. When Bugs dresses up and sings from the Balcony is indelibly fixed.
Post a Comment