So I've been listening to my ipod in my van for the past few weeks. I've downloaded 633 of my favorite songs onto my ipod - but out of those 633, there are some that I don't really like to listen to. You may ask - why are those songs on my ipod then? And that would be a good question. The answer is simple - it was so much easier to just add complete albums to my playlist on itunes instead of singling out which songs in particular I like. So, when listening to my ipod I occasionally have to skip a song. No big deal.
That's not the weird part of this post....
This is...
I've had my ipod on shuffle since I started listening a few weeks ago. What this means (and I really do have to explain the intricate details here), is that it mixed up all my songs and assigned them a number, randomally, between 1 and 633. Now my ipod has been playing these songs in order, starting from 1, for the past few weeks. I've been looking forward to going through all my songs, with no repeats, while driving. And I have skipped a fair number as I've gone along...safe in the knowledge that I wouldn't encounter them again for a long while.
Well, the other day I was listening to song 305 - a late '70's Neil Young that I wanted to skip. BUT I HIT THE WRONG BUTTON! And all my songs were re-shuffled. And now I'm starting again with some songs I've heard, some I've skipped and some I hadn't yet got to hear on my "real" song list.
And it bugs me every time I get in the van.
Three Silver Pheasant Hens Join My Flock
9 hours ago


1 comment:
Can't you make a favorites list on your ipod, and just move the songs you like to it, and play from that list? You wouldn't have to put songs on or take them off, just categorize the ones you like. Then, even if you reshuffle, you're still only playing what you like.
I would check on mine, but all our computers are so old, I can only use Mike's laptop, which is never around, to put songs on my ipod, so I put a bunch of stuff on during Christmas holidays, and haven't updated since...
Post a Comment