My Kids

My Kids

Friday, May 15, 2009

The horror, the horror...

As part of my concession to the recession (how poetic), I'm contemplating not dyeing my hair when I go to the salon next week. Usually I do full foils and a full colour. Yes, it's a lot, but the result really is FANTASTIC. I always have great red hair with copper and blond highlights. [BTW, my natural colour is mousey brown with plenty of gray highlights.]

So, here's my options:

A) Recession? What recession? Colour away hairdresser!

B) Just do a root touch-up this time and hope the economy is better in 2 months

C) Spend the money to have my stylist return my hair as close to my natural colour as possible. Down side - why spend money to not like the result. Up side - no painful growing out phase.

D) Just get a cut and deal with the awful root situation as it pops up. Ditto the gray.

And I know, I can always dye my hair myself - but I really like the multi-hued look of a professional job. Plus, right now I have about 4 different colours in my hair - who knows what would happen if I tried to dye it all one colour. Finally - how could I ever face my stylist again with home-dyed hair???

8 comments:

Maja said...

A is your only option. I am going for cloth diapers so I can still get my hair done! At least I will be cute washing my poopy diapers... Come to think of it, it may NOT be worth it!

Renee said...

Go natural... mousey brown is my favorite color!

Barb said...

Ken is going to be horrified when he sees how much I spent at the stylist this month (I stocked up on hair products).
I love your red with copper/blond highlights!

b.liz said...

I attempted to go more natural a few months ago, didn't like it, and ended up back with the same highlights and saved myself no money at all. I say go for B and then resort to A a few weeks later. At least then you can tell James you tried.

b.liz said...

HA! I just noticed that my extremely outdated profile photo (to the right) is with my hair dark...like 3 years ago.

Wow. I need a new pic.

Bonnie White said...

I went for Option C this past week and love the result. I have colored my hair for so many years that I really didn't know what the true color was. When this grows out, I won't have roots so I will be able to go a little longer between colors. Try Option C. You might really like it.

R. Patton said...

Ask one of the girls (and maybe the boys). Kids will give you honesty where no one else dares to tread!

Flora said...

I say option A. Your hair is absolutely fabulous. Why mess with something so great? Seriously, Janine. Skimp on other stuff if you must. Keep the hair.