Today is Coleman's 12th birthday. I remember when he was born, and I can't believe 12 years have passed. He's become such a great kid. I was just remembering some highlights of his actually birth-day. It was a Sunday and we were living in Houston. I went to church and even stayed for choir (yes - I was in choir - no laughing). That night some people stopped by to visit - and I was having contractions the whole time. They left around 9 pm (yes, I remember weird things like that), and sweet little Coleman was born at 10:30 pm. He was the quickest and easiest labour. The midwife didn't make it to our house in time for the birth - it was just James and I - and Coleman eventually of course. In fact, I kept thinking it was going to take longer (like Alex's labour had) and I kept trying to get James to leave me alone and go finish his homework. Side note - why had he left his homework until Sunday night at 10pm??
Coleman was the tiniest of our babies at 7 lbs 4 oz and he was so little. But he quickly chunked up and by about 6 months he was the thigh-master....his legs were so chubby that we had to pull back rolls of fat to access his diaper. He's lost all that baby fat now, if you're wondering.
I love you Coleman. I hope you have a good year.
Also, today was a big day because Alex started seminary - how did my kids get so old? I must be old too! 5:55 came pretty early today.
Summer in Maine 2026
4 days ago


2 comments:
My earliest memory of Coleman was at mom and dad's house, when we were throwing the blue nerf ball over the roof, and he kept yelling, in his booming voice that seemed deeper than it should have been, "Bye Bye Blue Ball"
I can't believe Coleman is 12!!! Tell him happy birthday from us and also I never knew that you gave birth without your midwife even being there! That's crazy!
Post a Comment