So I voted faithfully for my fave Canadian Idols multiple times - up to 50 times a show. So, with all the voting, am I exempt from the upcoming election?? [on a side note - my fave idol who I voted for DID NOT win...but since I have never voted Conservative here in Alberta, I'm used to having my candidates lose]
Anyway, back to our upcoming federal election, sometimes I wonder if it's even worth the effort for me to go vote. Here's why....I'm not a conservative, and I live in Stephen Harper's riding. Really, how much does my vote count?? But, don't worry, I still believe strongly in democracy, in the importance of citizens doing their part, and I love my country and it's political process. So I will vote. Just not for Harper.
I did consider voting Green - I like the idea of having a voice for the environment in Parliament. But when I saw they also want to raise the GST and legalize an uncontrolled substance that you smoke (darn that blocker), I had to turn them down. Now I'm still undecided...
Finally, for interests sake for you Americans, we found out about the election in early September, campaigning has been going strong ever since, and we vote on Oct. 14th. I love our short, short process.
Three Silver Pheasant Hens Join My Flock
9 hours ago


No comments:
Post a Comment