I realized yesterday that one of the signs of a true runner is that when they have to stop at a stoplight, they jog in place (usually with their knees high up to their chest), do jumping jacks, or some other activity to keep their heart rate high. Me, on the other hand, those times that I do hit a stoplight, I look around longingly for a lawn chair.
5 comments:
You're so funny Janine!
I'm definitely in the non-runner category! I love that distinction!
The only reason they do that is to show off. If they were running on some lonely dirt road, they wouldn't be doing that. Guess there's usually no stop lights there, either. Anyways.
You are so hilarious! So, did you actually start running? Good for you.
I think I avoid stoplights all together when running (easy to do in my tiny little town) because it's such a pain to stop when I'm in a zone. I can't say I've ever jogged in place, though. Okay, truthfully I haven't actually gone running for many months, but someday (in the far, far future) I aspire to be a jog-in-place kind of runner.
More indications of running gurus:
Sign #2, you circle blocks or do intervals while waiting for a train to pass.
Sign #3, you "round-out" the mileage displayed on your GPS (you can't finish with 4.83 miles, it must be 5, etc.).
Sign #4, when your training partner doesn't show up, you still hammer out your workout and refrain from going back home to your comfy bed.
I will not confess where I land on the continuum of running neuroticism... We could start a whole new blog....
Keep up the good work, Janine!
Post a Comment