Okay, why do we live here? There are lots of great reasons. Number one is that I love, love, love Canada and I love, love, love Alberta. This is my home, and as far as cities go, Calgary is the 2nd best one in Alberta, so why not? (Because you know, 2nd best in Alberta beats the best in say, Ontario or Saskatchewan). Anyway, I'm actually not going to list all the reasons why this is a great place to live, I will just list the only reason why it is such a crappy place to live (apart from the Flames of course)...
THE WEATHER!
If you live here, you know what I'm talking about...no further posting is necessary.
For those who don't, and as my Texan step-sister-in-law pointed out...yes, my kids were wearing hoodies on the first day of school. So was I - and we were still cold standing around outside. That would be because that morning it was about 4 degrees C (that is just 4 degrees above freezing). Yesterday morning my house was so cold I had to start up the old furnace. And that's not just a cute phrase...really, our furnaces are so old I'm always amazed when they work. Fingers crossed for another winter!
On another note...since I can't change the weather, I should work on changing myself. If you've been reading, you'll see that each week I'm working on changing one thing. My real goal, physically, is to lose another 10 pounds (or 15 would be better, but I'm trying to be realistic), and to run longer distances. However, I seem to have hit a mental block and lost focus on achieving this goal. Instead, I've decided to work on some other things. The idea is that by making changes that I can do for one week (and then keep doing) I can bolster my self-esteem and strengthen my self-control. Hopefully then I'll be able to stick to a healthy eating plan consistently over a long time. Really, when I say I want to lost weight---it's all about how much and what I eat. I love to eat. Love it, love it, love it. And given the choice, I would choose dessert over dinner any day of the week.
So, in conclusion, this weeks goal has been to cut out my afternoon snacking (bad time of day for me). So now I eat nothing from 1 until 5:30pm. Of course, James that super-supportive spouse (oh, perhaps I'll call him SSS from now on), when told of my new goal, immediately said "why, that's when you should stop eating". Probably true, but hard to do when he's not home for dinner until at least 6:30.
Three Silver Pheasant Hens Join My Flock
9 hours ago


1 comment:
I'll be checking to see if you are still singing this tune in February. he, he, he....
Post a Comment