My friend Renee just did a post about guilty pleasures which is funny because I had been thinking of doing a post along the same lines. However, when I had that thought, I had a specific guilty pleasure in mind that I thought I would share with everyone. But, being a 38-year-old mother of 5, I can't remember what it was! Oh well,
The thing about guilty pleasures for me is that although I do a lot of pleasureful things, I seldom feel guilty. Instead, here are some of my should-feel-guilty pleasures:
1. I like to eat Nutella right out of the jar. Usually I use a spoon. This is why I seldom buy Nutella. This also works with leftover icing.
2. I'm currently rewatching the whole Buffy series. And I don't feel guilty.
3. I love to read dectective novels and there is nothing like a good-old fantasy book (ala Anne McCaffery or these other ones my sister and I read called Seventh Gate or something...oh by Weiss??)
4. I love to do the NY times crossword each day (except I don't mind missing Mon and Tues because they are pretty easy). I guess this isn't so much of a guilty pleasure as a GEEKY PLEASURE. I will admit, I freely use the internet for help. And I found a great blog where the guy posts the puzzle answers each day - I only use this as a last resort.
5. I read my book while pushing my kids on the swings at the playground.
6. Staying the shower on the steamy setting until something makes me get out (a screaming kid or a lack of hot water)
7. Reading the blogs of people I don't know - and critiquing their lives.
Summer in Maine 2026
4 days ago


2 comments:
I love that I can now eat the entire carton of Oreo's and do not have to hide the container in the bottom of the trash can so that when Craig gets home from work I do not have to hear some type of comment. :)
Is there another way to eat Nutella?
The mental image of you pushing the kids on the swing while reading is hilarious... and pretty spot on right?
Post a Comment